They provide training workshop of real production is designed for young people aged 15 to 18 years. Offers training metalworker-locksmith and turner machine operator and miller in the Rhône – Alpes administrative area, first area in France for Mechanics with 1 200 jobs/year in Metallurgy and 10 000 young people without any qualification.
Aims of the action
- Kindly take care of teenagers who failed in classic education system.
- Have them discover their talents/abilities and give them the opportunity to use these ones.
- Train these teenagers on a practical way, in workshops, with production of real parts.
- Prepare young skilled professionals for the industry.
How they do it
Discovery – Interview
- 1st step: introduction to the Director
- 2nd step: A discovery week :
- work in group
- 3rd step: report and decision
- During 2 years
- 3 to 5 pupils maximum per class.
- Working 35 hours per week (25 hours/week in workshop – 10 hours/week in classroom)
- 2 or 3 work experience times in industry
- Respect ISO 9000 norms
- Respect of others,
- Working in teams, Companionship
- Volunteers involvement
- After the exams :
- Integration in classic education for further training
- For 20 years, more than 250 young people were successfully integrated to industry
- Training through production -> Orders
- Integration à Approved school and education
- Professional work experience
- Apprenticeship tax
- Production : 50 %
- Apprenticeship tax : 25 %
- Area funds : 20%
Who makes it
The director of this small business is Antoine Martin, with 9 professional teachers and 29 volunteers, two of them Jesuits that ensuring the teaching of general culture.